How to make Japanese Katsudon

We have just launched Japanese Tonkatsu (breaded pork cutlet) at our online shop.

visit our online shop: http://www.shinwafood.com

frozen pork Katsu


This exact product is used by some Japanese restaurants in Sydney.
Please enjoy the taste of restaurant-grade Japanese product at home!

You can eat delicious pork cutlet just by thawing it in the refrigerator, and then (for best results) reheating it in an oven or air fryer at 200 degrees for about 2 minutes. Of course, you can just heat it in the microwave for convenience.

This time, I will explain how to make delicious Katsudon using this frozen pork cutlet.

Pork Katsu Don

Ingredients
1 frozen pork cutlet
Rice as much as you like
A little chopped spring onion
2 eggs
50g Onion slice
50cc Yamasa Konbutsuyu
90cc water
15g sugar

Cooking steps:

  1. Thaw the frozen pork cutlet in the refrigerator.
  2. Reheat in an oven or air fryer at 200 degrees for 2 minutes and cut into 2 cm widths.
  3. Add sliced ​​onion, Konbutsuyu, water and sugar to a small frying pan and heat the mixture.
  4. When it boils, reduce heat and simmer the onions for about 1 minute.
  5. Place the cut pork cutlets to the frying pan and heat them for about 30 seconds.
  6. Break eggs to a small bowl and whisk to liquid consistency. Add about 70% of the egg mixture onto the pan, carefully pouring it from the sides of the pan. Cover the pan with lid for about 30 seconds. After that, open the lid and add the remaining 30% egg mixture, and turn off the heat. This results in eggs that aren’t cooked “well-done”, which is exactly what an authentic Japanese katsudon should be. Put the lid back on while preparing the next step.
  7. Scoop out rice into a bowl and arrange it to a ‘flat bed’. Place the pork cutlet (with the egg/onion mixture) onto the rice, carefully sliding it onto the bed of rice while moving the frying pan slightly side-to-side.
  8. Serve with green onions. Add seaweed or sesame seeds as you wish.

Please try cooking our Katsudon at home, which you can prepare without having to deep fry anything!

Published by shinwafood

飲食業に携わって約30年 東京、台湾、マレーシアそして今はシドニーでShinwa Foodという会社を経営しています

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: